Chinese New Year Jogoya's version, Starhill Gallery & Urbean cafe @ Avenue K
























Hey everyone!
Its been awhile from my last post, So how's it going ? All set for the new year ?
Paid another visit to Jogoya for a celebration and also to curb my cravings of oysters and also their various options of seafood sashimi..

The restaurant recently has an amazing offer in conjunction with the chinese new year by offering for non members RM29.90++ for the 2nd diner and member RM19.90++ for the 2nd diner. The offers is just ended on the 23rd January.. So Nic and I are just lucky we were able to get there during the period of this promotion...
The moment we reached the Relish level which is where Jogoya is located, the line was rather long but it didn't last for a long time as the service staff there is very efficient and fast.. The wait wasn't long but the whole restaurant was quite lively and full with mostly corporate groups and with the inclusion of some groups that came here for a celebration of their own..

It was my very first time that I had seen a crowded buffet place as it was also during the office lunch hours.. So once we were seated, we venture out to the several stations that has an array of delicious items waiting to be devoured (hehehe).. The moment I started my walk about to decide what to start first as it is the most difficult decision ever considering everything that was on displayed was super yummy and beautiful! While wandering around the whole restaurant, I had noticed some slight changes to their layout which is a great thing because it does mean more options..

After some time, I started with some smoked salmon and maguro sushi.. It look absolutely wonderful and delicious.. After that heavenly sushi, I tried their sashimi's and I also has noticed that they have improved their portion cuts because its usually not quite thick  but for the buffet that day, it was that thick and yummy.. So worthy of the price we've paid and they also has added more variety of sashimi like Maguro, Butterfish, Salmon belly, octopus and also some oysters which were de-shelled .. 
The Butterfish is like heaven in my mouth with its butter taste and smooth texture that just slides in and don't require any effort of chewing! It is that good that I had a second helping of it yummy!!Loving the maguro and also the salmon belly which is fresh yet plump and tasty!


After the enjoyable feast in the sashimi section, I gotta try something new which is a grilled mochi.. It was found by Nic as he was strolling down the buffet line and spotted it..
According to him, it was a famous and affordable snack or dessert in Taiwan as it's grilled until very charred on the outside but still maintains its wonderful sticky interior on the inside and there are plenty of options to choose from for their accompaniment.. For me, in the beginning I had mixed feelings about mochi dessert as I had some unpleasant experiences from that particular dessert but after trying it out this sort of combo which is grilled and mine was sprinkled with chopped peanuts and sugar, It changes my perception of this dessert as it is delicious, warm and also very sticky on the inside despite having it grilled which gives the outer skin a slightly charred exterior and some smoky taste and texture.. It became one of my favourite for the day's meal whereas for Nic he liked it but still prefers how the taiwanese made it..



After the grilled mochi, I moved on with the 2nd helping of butterfish and also the baby octopus which is just mediocre for the octopus but absolutely love the butterfish as it really does have the buttery texture and totally melts in your mouth!
 Having tried and tasted the sashimi section, I was thinking why not try their chinese section since my previous one I didn't pick up anything from that section.. Nic helped me pick up a har gao ( prawn dumpling) which is steamed prawns that is wrapped with a translucent outer layer which is the dumpling.. This dimsum is my favourite but in here, I don't really enjoy their dumpling texture as it wasn't as silky and smooth but their prawn is huge compared to what we usually have in the dim sum restaurant.. 

Har Gao


Clockwise: mango sorbet, cafe mocha, rum & raisin

And Finally, we are in the dessert section which is my favourite part!! Well I totally forgotten to take a photo of their dessert section but I could describe to you as their own version of the dessert shop combine with the ice cream parlour and the hotel buffet concept.. From all the amazing offerings, we just had ice creams from both New Zealand and also Haagen Dazs counter which has sorbet and also the classic flavours.. Then we also took the jelly desserts to cleanse our palate which had major hits of great food..
L-R: Caramel ice cream, Strawberry sorbet
An array of Jellies to choose from

Let's move on to my 2nd part of the foodie day!!

From the amazing feast of deliciousness, we head down a few notch to enjoy something simple yet pleasurable and relaxing which was having a great cuppa coffee!

For this purpose, we went to Avenue K which is the latest mall that has an ever so expanding culinary options and also fashion! But for my visit here is mainly coffee which brings me to Urbean..
It has been awhile already was dying to visit them for a cuppa to see what this little joint has to offer.. 
Affogatto
The moment we both entered the cafe it gave me a very warmth feeling and also welcoming atmosphere which has a very inviting kind of interior that makes you wanna hang out there more.. So the staff there is nice.. The menu presented to us which was clipboard that looks kinda familiar with the other cafes in the klang valley.. 

Put that aside, we both ordered the macchiatto and the affogatto! It was my first time trying out a macchiatto and the moment it came to me was in a little cute espresso cup which were abit shocking to me but after trying it, I realised it wasn't my cup of tea or coffee as it was bitter in the beginning and later I got a very sour taste and sensation which wasn't a pleasurable feeling you want to have.. 

Then Nic tried the affogatto which was a cold brew.. It is actually a cup of long black with a scoop of ice cream.. We like it as it was cooling and the ice cream but he was still accepting the taste of long black.. Overall, it was a nice cuppa.. Will come back again for their dessert and other drinks offered on the menu.
Affogatto

Verdict: 
Jogoya- love the food especially the sashimi 
Atmosphere:3/5
Food: 4.5/5
Price:4/5
Service: 4/5

Jogoya Buffet KL
T3, Relish Floor, 
Starhill Gallery,
181, Jalan Bukit Bintang

Urbean: Like the atmosphere but would return for another try of their coffee and maybe a dessert
Atmosphere: 4.5/5
Drink:3.5/5
Price:4/5
Service:4/5

Urbean cafe
Lower concourse, Avenue K (next to espressolab) 

Anyway, Just want to wish everyone a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! May the year of the horse brings you abundance of prosperity and health! 


Thanks for reading! Like my FB page : A Foodie's Affair 
Follow me on instagram : @kate_munyi18 


Comments

  1. That's a good deal for the second diner! Hope they'll consider having the promotion again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,

    Greeting from Melbourne! Interesting to browse through what you ate and enjoy at KL. Everything looks delicious :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe,

      Greetings from KL! Thanks for the support and appreciation of the post. Love melbourne so much! Would like to make a return trip back

      Kate

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts